In a world where customer service reigns supreme, businesses are constantly seeking innovative solutions to provide exceptional experiences. This is where hosted contact centers are helpful where the power of cutting-edge technology and seamless integration converge to revolutionize customer service as we know it.
From personalized interactions to streamlined workflows, these dynamic platforms transform how businesses engage with their customers. Join us on a journey as we explore how hosted contact centers are reshaping the landscape of customer service, redefining excellence, and setting new standards for customer satisfaction.
What is Hosted Contact Center?
A hosted contact center refers to a type of contact center solution that is provided and managed by a third-party service provider. Instead of building and maintaining an on-premises contact center infrastructure, businesses can opt for a hosted solution where the service provider takes care of the hardware, software, and network infrastructure required for operating a contact center.
Understanding Hosted Contact Center Solution
Known as a cloud-based contact center, it operates by leveraging the power of the cloud to deliver contact center functionalities without the need for on-premises infrastructure. A third-party service provider hosts and maintains the contact center software and infrastructure in this setup.
When a customer initiates contact through various channels such as phone, email, chat, or social media, the interactions are routed to the hosted contact center solution. The solution manages incoming interactions by distributing them to available agents based on predefined rules or algorithms.
Agents can access the hosted call center solution's interface through their web browsers, allowing them to handle customer interactions efficiently. The solution provides varied advanced features enabling businesses to deliver seamless customer experiences. As the solution is hosted in the cloud, it offers scalability and flexibility, allowing businesses to easily add or remove agents and scale their operations based on demand.
Distinction Between Hosted Call Center and On-Premise Call Center
||Hosted Call Center
||On-Premise call center
||Operated and managed off-site by the provider
||Operated and managed entirely by the company itself
||Depends on cloud infrastructure
||Required hardware & software dictated by the company itself
||Ease to setup with minimal effort
||Requires significant upfront investment
||Can be accessed from anywhere
||Can be accessed only from company premises
||The provider handles all upgrades and maintenance tasks
||The company is responsible for maintenance and upgrades
||Offer robust disaster recovery solutions
||The company should plan and implement their own disaster recovery solution
Benefits of cloud based contact center solutions
Hosted contact center solution offers several benefits compared to traditional on-premises contact center setups and here are some of its advantages:
- Cost Savings: Eliminates upfront investments in infrastructure, hardware, and software. Businesses pay on a subscription or usage basis, reducing capital expenses and providing budget predictability.
- Scalability: Allows for flexible scaling of operations based on business needs. Adding/removing agents, expanding to new locations, or accommodating seasonal spikes can be done quickly and efficiently without disruptions.
- Rapid Deployment: Minimal setup time as infrastructure is already in place. Businesses can quickly configure the system to their requirements, enabling swift launch of campaigns or initiatives.
- Geographic Flexibility: Empowers agents to work remotely with an internet connection, supporting global talent pools, flexible work options, and follow-the-sun support models.
- Reliability and Disaster Recovery: Built on redundant infrastructure across multiple data centers for high availability. Includes data backups, and disaster recovery mechanisms for business continuity.
- Advanced Features and Functionality: Offers advanced features like intelligent routing, IVR systems, multichannel support, analytics, CRM integrations, and workforce management. This ensures better customer experiences and optimizes agent productivity.
- Maintenance and Support: Service provider manages infrastructure, software updates, and maintenance tasks. Businesses are relieved of the maintenance burden and can focus on strategic initiatives.
- Integration and Customization: Designed to seamlessly integrate with CRM platforms and other business systems. Enables unified customer data view and streamlined workflows. Offers customization options for specific business requirements.
Features to consider
When leveraging cloud contact center services, one must have a clear idea of what their business requires. Given below are some essential features that one must consider when buying a hosted call center software:
- Automatic Call Distribution (ACD): Routes incoming calls based on criteria such as agent skills, availability, and customer preferences.
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR): Uses voice prompts and touch-tone/speech recognition for caller self-service actions like retrieving information and navigating menu options.
- Omnichannel Support: Supports multiple communication channels for customer contact preferences and seamless agent handling.
- Call Recording and Monitoring: Calls are recorded for quality assurance, training, compliance, and real-time assistance/coaching to agents by supervisors/managers.
- Analytics and Reporting: Provides insights into key metrics for managers to assess agent productivity, customer satisfaction, call volumes, and make informed decisions to optimize operations.
- CRM Integration: Integration with CRM systems enables agents to access customer information, history, and context for personalized interactions and efficient support.
- Routing and Queuing: Calls/inquiries are queued with position and estimated wait times during busy agent periods. Advanced routing algorithms reduce wait times and ensure fair call distribution.
- Outbound Dialing: Includes outbound dialing features (preview, progressive, predictive) for automated outbound customer calls (sales, marketing, proactive service).
- Real-time Dashboards and Wallboards: Visual displays show real-time metrics, queue status, and key information for agent and supervisor awareness and motivation.
Key Important Considerations
Before deciding on availing hosted contact center services, you need to ask yourself the given following questions:
- What are my specific business needs and goals for implementing a hosted call center software?
- What features and functionalities does the software offer, and do they align with my business requirements?
- What is the scalability of the software? Can it accommodate the growth of my call center operations?
- Is the software compatible with my existing technology infrastructure and systems?
- Does the software provide the necessary security measures to protect sensitive customer data and comply with relevant regulations?
- How user-friendly is the software? Will it require extensive training for my agents to use effectively?
- Does the software integrate with other essential tools and systems, such as CRM, ticketing, or workforce management solutions?
- What level of customer support and technical assistance does the vendor provide?
Switch to Pulse
Experience the power of Pulse call center solution hosted on AWS! Say goodbye to customer issues lingering for hours. As a leading provider of hosted contact center in India, our unique solution empowers your business to provide a personalized experience that will keep your customers happy. With over 7 years of expertise and a track record of 500+ satisfied clients, we deliver customized solutions tailored to your unique business needs. Don't wait, contact our team today and unlock the secret to seamless customer service!